Sunday, March 13, 2016

An Update on my Writing

I have a few novels on submission and while I wait, of course the best thing to do is write. And that’s what I’ve been doing and I’m pretty proud of myself that I got up to 22K in my word count. I’ve always been a pantser and write whatever comes to mind. Usually I’m thinking one scene ahead. I have an idea about the ending, but it’s still unclear as to how it’s going to go down.

I keep telling myself I will outline, but for me, it’s better to just keep writing. I’m realizing when I hit a wall something is wrong and I have to go back. And I do. Sometimes I work on something completely different. I think that also helps get the ideas going again.

It’s a YA horror novel and right now, it’s really suspenseful. I’m trying to hold that suspense up, slowly taking it to a higher level of intensity. It’s proving to be difficult, but it’s fun and I like what I have so far. It definitely gets your mind off of the submission wait time.

I’m excited to see where this one goes. And of course I am hopeful it will one day see the light and get published. It’s a dream to have all my work published. But even if I could have just one really good one out of the bunch, I would be very happy with that too.


So I guess what I’m trying to say is keep working on the dream. It will never die as long as you keep it alive and going. Perseverance really is key.

No comments: